As we gear up for the forth week of school, I want to express my sincere gratitude for the warm welcome I have received from the St. Clement Community. I send a heartfelt thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding as we work together – parents, parish, teachers, staff and students- to foster the hopes and dreams for your children’s learning. I hope you are as excited as I am for a great year! ~ Mrs. Dafoe
Here are the upcoming events at St. Clement Catholic Elementary School:
Tuesday Sept. 25th
- School Resource Officer, Cst. Paul Rabidoux to visit
- School Open House / Meet the Teacher Night 5 PM – 7PM – We look forward to seeing everyone!
Wednesday Sept. 26th
- Hot Lunch Day : New Orleans Pizza
- Student Picture Day with LifeTouch
- Rowan’s Day – Rowan Stringer loved rugby. A competitive and keen athlete, she was captain of her high school’s team. Tragically, in May 2013, 17-year old Rowan died as the result of head injuries she sustained while playing rugby. In the week before her last game, Rowan was hit twice while playing, likely sustaining a concussion after each blow. Her concussions went unreported, and she continued to play. Rowan suspected something wasn’t right—she texted a friend about her condition and used Google to search for information about concussions. When she was hit again in her final game, Rowan suffered what is known as Second Impact Syndrome— catastrophic swelling caused by a second injury to a brain still healing from previous trauma. Rowan collapsed on the field on May 8, 2013, and died four days later. On Rowan’s Day, students will receive messaging about concussions from their classroom teacher.
A reminder that if you would like to order a hot lunch, your order is due at noon on Sunday.
All ordering is done through Lunchbox Orders. The contact is Melissa Roberts email@example.com.
Please visit our website at https://stclement.wcdsb.ca/ and “View Calendar Highlights” for more information about these and any upcoming events.
Follow us on Twitter @stclementsaints