Dear Saint Families,
It is hard to believe that we are already at the end of September! The students have been great at following our new expectations and they are all working hard at being amazing learners and friends. Way to go, Saints
Please find below some information about Public Health Updates:
Public Health Update
As promised, when Public Health updates their guidance, we will let you know. We have been advised that healthy siblings are no longer required to be sent home to SELF ISOLATE factsheet-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate but are being asked to SELF MONITOR factsheet-covid-19-self-monitor.
In the school setting, we have designed our environment to allow students and staff to safely self-monitor by providing adequate physical distance, hand hygiene routines and the wearing of masks. Children experiencing symptoms where there is not a know alternative diagnosis (seasonal allergies, etc.) will still be asked to stay home and go through the options outlined previously:
- See a healthcare professional and return 24hrs after symptoms resolve.
- Get a COVID-19 test with negative results and return 24hrs after symptoms resolve.
- Self-Isolate for 14 days.
Healthy individuals in your household do not need to be tested unless directed to by Waterloo Region Public Health or your health care provider.
Ensure that you contact the St. Clement Main office to inform them which of the three options you have decided on and the results of testing/medical diagnosis if using option 1 or 2.
Starting Wednesday, September 30th, we are entering Phase 2 of our plan for lunch recess in that students are allowed to bring some items from home (e.g. basketball, soccer ball, skipping rope, small action figures) for individual use. The students will be informed of this news today along with the following guidelines:
- Students are responsible for their own items (labelled with their name, stored in a backpack/plastic container/ ziplock bag during class time).
- There is no sharing of any item/equipment and no game play at this time. Student must still maintain physical distance which is not possible during a game situation.
- Soccer balls may be kicked back and forth between students within the same grade cohort. (no game play and no goalies).
- Students will be washing / sanitizing hands before leaving the classroom for recess and before entering back into the school after lunch.
I am hopeful that this good news will come with continued respect for our health and safety protocols.
Have a wonderful day!