Umbrella Project Theme of the Month: Empathy.
Learn about your child’s unique coping strengths and weaknesses, and uncover parenting best practices and tips to help your family choose well-being, even on the rainy days. For more information and to download your free Umbrella Parenting Book follow this link: https://umbrellaproject.co/for-parents/
Catholic School Advisory Council:
|Catholic School Advisory Council (CSAC) (previously referred to as ‘School Council’)
|All parents/guardians of our students are welcome to attend Catholic School Advisory Council meetings.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in the future direction of the school and/or participate in the many volunteer opportunities available throughout the year. Our first meeting is October 1st, at 6:30 p.m. in the St. Clement Library.
Future meeting dates will be set during this first meeting and will be posted on the school calendar.
If you wish to be a member of the 2019-2020 school council, please come out to our first meeting.
St.Clement School Spirit Wear will be available to order on Cash-On-Line by the end of the day today. The last day to order will be Friday Oct. 4th. Many thanks for your patience.
Monday, September 30
- Orange Shirt Day – held annually on September 30 — is a legacy of the St. Joseph Mission (SJM) residential school commemoration event held in Williams Lake, BC, Canada, in the spring of 2013. It grew out of Phyllis’ storyof having her shiny new orange shirt taken away on her first day of school at the Mission, and it has become an opportunity to keep the discussion on all aspects of residential schools happening annually. The date was chosen because it is the time of year in which children were taken from their homes to residential schools. Orange Shirt Day is also an opportunity for First Nations, local governments, schools and communities to come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope. Waterloo Region’s Catholic Schools are proud to mark Orange Shirt Day on Monday, September 30th, and honoured to stand in solidarity with all residential school survivors and their families, as together we seek justice, reconciliation and true partnership with our Indigenous brothers and sisters.
Tuesday, October 1
- 9 AM – Umbrella Project School Wide Assembly: EMPATHY
- 6:30 CSAC (Catholic School Advisory Council) meeting – all are welcome
Wednesday, Oct 2
- Hot Lunch: Pita Pit / Angies Roast Beef
- Clement Picture Day with Lifetouch
Thursday, Oct. 3
Friday, Oct. 4
*Please visit our website at https://stclement.wcdsb.ca/ and “View Calendar Highlights” for more information about these and any upcoming events.
Follow us on Twitter @stclementsaints to view the wonderful happenings at our school!