Umbrella Project Theme of the Month: Purpose~ “Clarify Your Purpose. What is the why behind everything you do? When we know this in life or design it is very empowering and the path is clear” ~ Jack Canfield
We are in need of a volunteer for our Nutrition For Learning Program. If you are considering this, kindly contact the office.
We are in need of Lego at the school. We would be so appreciative of any donations. You can drop them off at the main office. Thank you to those who have already done so!
Monday, February 24
- OECTA STRIKE DAY – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Tuesday, February 25
- Shrove Tuesday – Pancake Day Hot Lunch for students that purchased (please purchase before noon on Sunday, Feb. 23) – Friendly reminder for BYOF initiative from our ECO club- bring your own fork to reduce plastic cutlery – see below
Wednesday, February 26
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy 10:30 AM -all are welcome
- No hot lunch day (due to Pancake hot lunch on Tuesday)
- Pink Shirt Day
Thursday, February 27
- Spirit Wear Day!
Friday, February 28
Shrove Tuesday is soon approaching…Tuesday, February 25, 2020!
Just a friendly reminder to order pancakes by noon on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
The following message is from the ECO Team at St. Clement School…”Did you know that it takes 1000 years for plastic cutlery to break down?”Our Saints ECO club has asked that we make Shrove Tuesday as wasteless as possible to reduce our carbon footprint. They want to avoid using any plastic cutlery, because it is not recyclable.
In response to this, we have asked all students purchasing for Shrove Tuesday to bring their own fork for their pancakes (we are using compostable plates). For those who don’t bring one in, we’re asking students to use their hands and “rip and dip” their pancakes in the syrup on the side. Students can simply wash their hands after.
We are looking forward to Shrove Tuesday and are so proud of the initiatives from our ECO club which is in-line with our Catholic Teachings of being Stewards of the Earth!
Note: For continuous labour updates, please visit the WCDSB website at this link:
*Did you know that our school has a lunch program? Full menu and delivery dates can be found online at www.lunchboxorders.com. Ordering deadline is Sunday at Noon for the following week.
* Please visit our website at https://stclement.wcdsb.ca/ and “View Calendar Highlights” for more information about these and any upcoming events.
* Follow us on Twitter @stclementsaints to view the wonderful happenings at our school.