As per the letter sent out last night from the Director of Education regarding COVID-19 enhanced Protocols, please read the following to ensure that you understand the process that will will follow moving forward until we receive different directions from the Ministry, Public Health, and the Board:
What Do I Do If My Child HAS/DEVELOPS SYMPTOMS?: If your child has a symptom that is found on the COVID-19 School Screening Assessment found here: COVID-19 SCHOOL AND CHILD CARE SCREENING your child (and siblings) need to stay home.
Here is a list of the symptoms:
Fever and/or chills
Shortness of Breath
Decrease or lost taste/smell
Tiredness or Muscle Aches
Furthermore, if ANYONE in your household is staying home because of any symptoms (even just one), then EVERYONE in your household stays home and should isolate.
This isolation period for the symptomatic individual can end when ANY of the following happens:
- There is a negative COVID-19 test
- There is an alternative diagnosis from a doctor/medical professional
- 10 days have passed since the symptom started and it has not gotten worse, however, the remainder of the household must isolate for 14 days after the last contact with the symptomatic individual
The isolation period for the asymptomatic family members can end when ANY of the following happens:
- The negative test results are received and confirmed
- There is an alternate diagnosis from a medical professional
- 14 days have passed since the last contact with the symptomatic family member (if there is no test result or alternate medical diagnosis)
This is a change, Saints! Please know that this applies to our students, their siblings and their families as well as our staff and their families. This could present significant challenges over the course of the next few months and we thank you for your patience and support in advance.
In the meantime, please continue to practice proper handwashing, sanitizing, masking and social distancing so that we can work together to keep everyone safe, healthy and in school.
What do I SAY WHEN I AM CALLING MY CHILD IN SICK?
If/When calling your child in ILL from school, please describe the symptom and let the office know which of the following you will seek:
- A COVID-19 test
- Going to the doctor, or
- Self-isolating your family (siblings included)
STUDENT AND SIBLINGS may not return until the parent has confirmed one of the above to the office.
Please ensure that you are completing the SELF-ASSESSMENT EACH MORNING for EACH child. A reminder that if one of your children has a COVID symptom ALL siblings from the school must stay home as well.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the main office.
Be well, Saints! Stay Safe! Stay healthy!