Headstart is a two day, Gr. 8 orientation program that offers students a sneak peek into the academic, physical and social realm of high school! The program is still offered in-person with a reduced schedule, with COVID-19 cleaning protocols in effect. Headstart is offered Wed and Thurs, Aug 26/27 OR Mon and Tues, Aug 31/Sept 1.
- Open your lock / find your locker
- Follow your timetable, find your classes and meet your new peers who will join you – ahead of time
- Navigate around other parts of the school and how to access people resources
- How to physical distance in a school setting
- What does in-class, online and remote learning look like in a high school setting
- Feel a part of a new school community before the first day of school
NOTE: If the Ministry of Education, Waterloo Catholic District School Board and local Public Health authorities do not deem it safe to host this program, HeadStart could be cancelled with little notice.
Please visit the link below for further information and registration. Students do not need to re-register if they have done so already. Registration closes June 19th.
Is your child currently in Grade 6, 7 or 8…. going into Grade 7, 8 or 9 this September? Does your child need help with reading, writing, math and technology skills? Are there gaps in their learning due to Covid-19 school closures? Are they losing interest in school because they just aren’t doing as well as they used to?
Explore a free, 10-day learning journey to further develop their literacy and numeracy skills:
- Writer’s Craft
- Minecraft for Education
- Google classroom
Summer Expedition 2020 won’t be as interactive as it would be in-person, however the learning will be fun and engaging and educational. Something NEW Every Day!
SUMMER EXPEDITION will start on SUMMER EXPEDITION will start on Monday, July 6, 2020. Please visit the link below for further information and registration. Students do not need to re-register if they have done so already. Registration closes June 19th.
Below is a link to all wcdsb summer programs.